Sunday, February 28, 2010

TAKE ME BACK TO THE SWEET TIMES


"Take me back to the sweet times
The hot nights
Everything is gonna be alright
In the summertime
Baby in the summertime"


I miss the beach. I miss the very very hot sun and the very very cold water. It's the last day of February today and that means Summer '09-'10 is almost ending. Why '09-'10? Well it's because Summer starts around November here and ends around February/March.

The Mt. Maunganui outing kicked-off my Summer and even though it was just a day trip, I still had heaps of fun!



Mt. Maunganui November 16, 2009



Jess, Steph, Lichelle, Dennis, and Danica



I didn't plan on swimming because 1.) I had no togs/swimsuit and 2.) I just wanted to laze around and chill. I even brought a book (The Man of My Dreams by Curtis Sittenfeld. Excellent read, btw.) with me then! But no, it seems as though fate had other plans for me that day.

Look closely at the photo and you can see that I'm wearing a black singlet paired with (though you can't see it there) white shorts. I planned on dipping my feet, walking around the water, and feeling the sand on my toes but someone *yesit'syoudennis* tackled me and pulled me until I was submerged in water. I managed to get up but I was soaking wet already so what the hell right? Might as well enjoy the water.

And enjoy I did.

I haven't gone to the beach in
years and I missed it so bad! We swam until around eight in the evening, I think? Went to Wendy's for dinner, and had so much fun on the car ride back home. Lichelle's car is the "Car of Truths" apparently, and that's when it all started. . . *blushes*

I feel as though this was ages ago instead of merely months ago! But yeah, looking at the photos did
"take me back to the sweet times".



Credits to
Lichelle for the photos!

No comments: